Monday, April 21, 2008

Why I Love Qigong

Someone asked recently for the three top reasons I love qigong. I thought I would share those with you, too!

1 - I very strongly believe in the mind-body connection. I think that if we could all get beyond our education and conditioning that we need Western medcine to provide us with health solutions, we could effect our own healing through visualization and the intention of creating excellent health.

2 - I love teaching qigong because in a group, I believe that the accumulated qi/chi is beneficial for all the people who are there and that when a group like that is focused on the same outcome (i.e. good health) the participants all receive additional benefits from the increased energy and intention toward wellness.

3 - It really restores a person's power to point out that qigong is the Self-Healing aspect of Chinese medicine. We all have the power to self-heal, we just need to take back that power which includes really taking responsibility for who we are and what we do and how we do it.

No comments: